This page is a work in progress. I hope to continue to add more photos. If anyone has additonal information or photos they would be willing to share, please let me know.
Bertha (Bert) Bailen 1919-1998 & Alex Bailen 1911-1993
- Add Link to Bert'sFamily Photos.
- Add Link to Alex's Family Photos.
- Add Link to Bertha & Alex Family Photos, starting in 1941.
Ruth Pearson Beattie 1917-2010 & Butler (Bob) Beattie 1911-2003
Ruth Catherine Pearson Beattie 1917-2010
Quick "Who's Who":
-- Ruth's parents were Francis (Frank) Johnson Pearson, Jr. (FF) & Ruth Elizabeth Florence Johnson Pearson (MM)
-- they had 3 girls: Ruth Catherine, Frances (Fran) Mae, Faith Esther
----- FF Father, Frank, & his sister Catherine, children of:
Francis Johnson Pearson, Sr. & Mary (May) Angelina Marsh Pearson
(Frank and Mae later divorced.)
Frank, Sr. married a widow with a daughter.
----- FF May married George Barhyte (who Ruth disliked and saw little of)
Ruth's Mother, Ruth E. F. Johnson Pearson, parents were:
Powell (Paul) Norman Johnson & Emma Charlotte Anderson (Berquist) Johnson whose daughters were:
Esther (Peg) Sigrid Johnson & Ruth Elizabeth Florence Johnson
----- MM Prior to Paul & Emma's marriage to each other .....
Paul was widowed and had two children with his first wife: Luella & Norman Johnson
Emma was widowed and had a son with her first husband: John Berquist
----- MM Powell (Paul) died in his 30's in a steel mill accident, leaving Emma to raise 3 children.
----- MM Esther (Peg) grew up to marry Ed Keating who died young in a car accident.
----- MM Esther (Peg) later married Roy Isgrigg.
- Ruth P. Beattie's Obituary
- Funeral Service for Ruth P. Beattie
- Memories of Ruth Beattie by daughter, Irene
- Memories of Ruth Beattie by granddaughter, Sue
- Ruth had a "green" funeral. No embalming, closed wooden casket so she may fertilize her plants. At the "visitation" we celebrated her life in a picture display and Power Point presentation. We also had a Scrabble board set up and people added a word in her memory.
- Ruth's Beattie's own Story by Ruth Beattie
- Grandma Emma Anderson Johnson taught Ruth a Swedish Prayer when she was a child. When Ruth was in her late 80's, Irene and Ruth met with a friend of Irene's from Sweden. The friend from Sweden not only recognized the prayer, but verified that Ruth was still saying it correctly.
Francis Butler (Bob) Beattie 1911-2003, W9OIB Lic. 1933
Quick "Who's Who":
-- Francis Butler (Bob) Beattie's parents were: Josephine Ada Butler Beattie (MM) & Charles Walter Beattie (FF)
-- They had four boys: John Attridge, Francis Butler, Charles Walter, Frank Masters
-- Bob dropped the Francis by high school because of confusion with younger brother Frank
-- and because he didn't like being called "Francis is a sissy" (St. Francis of Assisi)
----- MM There are no photos of Ada's parents or siblings
----- MM Ada's parents were John A. Butler and Mary Frances McDermott of Washtington, DC.
----- MM Their children were John A. Butler, Mary Sabina Butler (Sabina), May Butler Sarah Butler (Sally)
----- MM ..... Rose Margaret Butler, Josephine Ada Butler & Francis DeSales Butler (Desales)
----- MM John A. Butler was the son of Abraham Butler and Sarah Catherine Attridge of Washington, DC.
----- MM Mary Frances McDermott was the daughter of John McDermott (a DC Carriage maker) and Jane S. Newton
----- FF Bob's father, Charles Walter's parents were:
----- FF Fountain Claiborne Beattie & Annie Elizabeth Hatheway Beattie
----- FF ..... Check with Cousin Celeste Beattie Aud on how we are related to Justin Timberlake through the Hatheways
----- FF Fountain and Annie had 12 children raised at Green Spring Farm
----- FF Fountain Claiborne, Sr. parents were Col. Robert Beattie & Pauline White Beattie (War of 1812)
----- FF Col. Robert Beattie's parents were Pvt. William and Mary Allison Beattie (Revolutionary War)
This explaination is here, because there are pictures of Pvt. William Beattie & Col. Robert Beattie
You got it right, not only Bob's grandparents but also his great grandfather and great great grandfather.
- Memories of Butler (Bob) Beattie by daughter Irene
- Memories of Butler Beattie by grandson Bruce
- Childhood Stories of Bob Beattie by Bob Beattie
- Horse Stories of Bob Beattie by Bob Beattie
- Early Radio Days by Bob Beattie
- eHam Friends Remembered Some ex-students and hams remember Dad (Bob, W9OIB)
- Butler (Bob) Beatties memories of the stories of Green Spring Farm
- Green Spring Garden Park A Fairfax County, Virginia park, that was once Bob's grandparents' farm.
- Irene's "A Butler Story, Kilkenney Castle" from information from Bob Beattie & Jack Trickler
- Kilkenney Castle Official Website Has information about the Butlers (Bob's mother's family.)