Here is where you will find whatever we feel like posting along with our favorite links. At the bottom of the page are some "gift ideas" for those of you who have requested a "wish list".
Links we either use or find interesting.
- The website for my business, Irene's Jewelry, Etc. is irenesjewelry.com
- Irene's Jewelry Etc. ETSY Shop The website for my business, Irene's Jewelry, Etc.
- Irene's Blog
- Lonestar Jewelry Sandy does lovelyfused glass and wire wrapping.
- Mary's Maiolica Arts Mary does amazing Maiolica painting on ceramics.
- K5BCQ Home Kees enjoys ham radio, old & new and antique cars.
- Peace Lutheran Church Austin, TX
- Congregation Agudas Achim Austin, TX
- Congregation Shir Ami
- www.austinhams.org News & activities of the local Austin Ham Radio community.
- Green Spring Garden Park A Fairfax County, Virginia park, that was once my great grandparents farm.
In case you wondered about the name of our website, we lived out here by Lake Travis for many years without naming our house or hill. One year I put up a hummingbird feeder and I was AMAZED at all the activity; we have enjoyed large numbers of hummingbirds every year since so Hummingbird Hill became a natural.
Gift Ideas For Us Together or for Either
- Gift certificates for dining out at local resturants. Some ideas are listed here:
- Amazon.com gift certificates. We both have Kindles.
- Godiva Chocolates (darker is better) - no rasberry (or marked so Irene can eat the rasberries.)
- Dark Chocolate Truffles, Lindt, Harry & David, Rocky Mountain -- always a winner for both of us
- Donation to one of our favorite charities:
- Any of the joint gift items
- Gift card/certificate for smartflix or Amazon.com or Home Depot or Lowes
- XL Golf Shirt (knit shirt with collar) with pocket (blue or gray or maroon or navy or forest green or teal)
- XL Cotton print button shirt with collar, like Hawaiian or nice prints in color pallate listed above.
- XL Tee Shirt with cool design - think science, math, computers, astronomy, dogs but nothing mean or political.
- Alcohol treat (Special Bourbon or Single Malt Scotch)
- Books: Metalworking Vol 1 & 4 Village Press Click on Machinist's Workshop
- Donation to one of Ed's/Jerry's favorite charities:
- Any of the joint gift items
- Silk scarves, prints and varigated. Unfortunately I cannot wear polyester, but I can wear silk. I prefer rectangular shape but square works too. I wear most colors except pink or pale pastels. (I don't mind if pink is part of the print.) I could use some that have maroon or red in them, but really anything you think is pretty is great.
- 2D Jig Saw Puzzles - Good quality, interesting picture ones (not ones that are black and white, have the same
print all over or are mostly sky or water or greenery)
1000 pieces preferred.
Good places to find them are museum shops, Barnes and Noble, Micheals, etc.
Some brands are listed here ... but please don't be limited by them.
I have learned to avoid the dollar store ones and the super cheap grocery store ones
becuase the pieces are frustrating to work with.
- White Mountain
- Charles Wysocki or Jane Wooster Scott or similar work
- Great American Puzzle Factory
- Ever helpful person that I am, I created an Amazon wish list for some of the above items and also for some products I use in card making: Irene's Amazon Wish List
- Gift Cards/Certificate for
- Amazon.com I have a Kindle so this is always great.
- Donation to one of Irene's favorite charities: