French Toast Bake
cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 - 2 cup milk*
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around.
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
9. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon (not needed)
12. Serve with warm maple syrup (not needed)
It is totally sweet enough without the powdered sugar and maple syrup.
* If the bread is dryish use the larger amounts of milk & egg