Dried Beans in a Slow Cooker
This recipe uses overnight soaking so begin at least the day before you want to serve the beans.
1 lb. Beans (black, pinto, navy, kidney, garbanzo, etc.)
optional – salt and other flavorings
- Using a colander, rinse beans, remove stones or deformed beans. In a pan or bowl, or crock pot, cover beans with 2-3 inches of water.
- Let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse soaked beans and put in crock pot.
- Add fresh water and cover with 1 ½ – 2 inches of water.
- Add salt (about ¼ -1/2 teaspoon per pound, and any other desired seasons or item.)
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours depending on type of bean and how soft you want them. (Low 8-12 hours.)