Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) starts at sundown on Wednesday … so Happy New Year! I have an IVIG infusion scheduled on Tuesday, but no pentamine (which was making me sick) so we switched to oral Bactrim instead.
Oh, I have a Jewelry event scheduled. Saturday, Oct 9, 1-4PM .. Jan is hosting an Irene’s Jewelry, Etc. Open House Party … so if interested, mark your calendars. It will hopefully also raise some funds for MD Anderson Cancer Center & Alzheimer’s Association. My jewelry website is www.irenesjewelry.com.
Mostly we have been working on the house. It seems like it has been going on FOREVER … so I thought I would list all that has been done, in progress and planned. Never fear, there are LOTS of photos of current status at the end of this post so you can just skip to that.
House Update Status 9/4/2010
- Replaced old fogged windows & doors with Renewal by Anderson (6 windows & 4 doors)
- Hardie siding installed (includes Tyvek wrapping and lots of caulking/foam insulation)
- 5 Sun Tunnels installed
- 2 Solar attic vent fans installed
- Adjusted, stained & finished front door
- Installation of new sliding attic stairs with insulated door
- Insulation in the “shimmed areas” under the old Anderson windows
- Painting of garage door, door to garage, dining room door & hot water closet door
- Installation of new faucets & valve and porcelain tiling around tub in hall bath.
- Installation of new TOTO toilet in hall bath
- Installation of new heat/light/fan in hall bath and new heat/fan in guest bath
- Removal of large spa tub in the master bathroom in preparation for shower remodel.
- All outdoor metal furniture has been sandblasted, rust protection coated and powder coated green (they look better than new.)
- Guest bath tub area tiled … still needs touch up, sealing & fixtures installed
- Cutoff valves replaced in kitchen and all three bathrooms
- Fixed excessive foam in guest room door (from Hardie guys)
Items Ordered or In Process
- Pool deck in TREX (It is swim-able … they are finishing it up)
- Window coverings for master bedroom door and master bath windows on east side (this week?)
- Replacement shades for living & dining areas (this week?)
- Patio extension on west side of house (6′ out to back of house) and small area between flower bed and garage. (They are having trouble matching aggregate color, will try custom mix.)
- New vanities for all three baths in Silestone quartz, with Kohler white porcelain under-mount sinks. (Coming Sept 14th)
- Paint little bit of trim on outside of front door to match Hardie siding & trim
- Hardie guys need to pick-up trash and remove extra Hardie
Items Planned (and in many cases materials already purchased and waiting)
- Replace damaged interior doors on office, master closet, guest closet
- Hall Bath, enlarge doorways to 30″from 24″
- Hall Bath, new recessed medicine cabinets, mirror & light fixture over sink
- Guest Bath, new recessed medicine cabinet, mirror & light fixture over sink
- Guest Bath move relatively new TOTO toilet from master bath and install.
- Master Bath remove old shower and walls, floor tile & toilet.
- Master Bath, create new shower pan & 1ft wide full height wall for plumbing & glass block wall with rounded corner
- Master Bath, install new shower valves & fixtures
- Master Bath, tile shower, floor and three walls.
- Master Bath, install new TOTO toilet
- Master Bath, new medicine cabinets & mirror
- Master Bath, new light in general area, new lights over sink, new heat/light/fan near toilet
- Master Bath, add outlet for nightlight in toilet area
- Rebuild front flower bed in rock and add another small one on opposite side of sidewalk
- Repaint of shop
- Blow in extra attic insulation
Possible Future Items (depending on financial situation)
Redo kitchen with similar layout but
- new light color, solid maple, flat front cabinets
- new counter tops (granite or quartz) and under mount sink & matching dining room counter top
- new double oven (it is limping along now) in white
- new vent hood (a smaller one that doesn’t attack peoples head)
- new trash comp compacter (current one is also limping along and LOUD)
- rebuild tambour door units and divide large one into two (the large door ripped)
I plan to keep the floor tile, dishwasher, stove top, refrigerator & microwave, which are all fine.
Whew!!! Now for some current photos,
Pool Deck, stairs not done yet
Pool Deck, you can see all flat pieces are done as are railings.
See the new steps down to chemical cabinet
House with new Hardie, Garage door painted
Hardie siding, new gutters, note chimney no longer has 2x4s to keep siding up.
Front door with Hardie Trim and new light
Rain Chain (direct rain into barrel)
Were the pato extension goes (in the back area between the pipes)
Sandblasted/powder coated aluminum love seat ... circa about 1962 (used to have white peeling paint.)
Steel furniture, sand blasted & powder coated
Guest bath tub (gray tiles are same as on floor)
Guest Bath tub (gray tiles are same tiles as on floor.)